1. What is virgin hair?
Virgin hair is hair that has not been altered from its natural state, colored or chemically processed.The "virgin hair" is collected by tying the hair before cutting it to maintain the direction of the cuticle. After the hair has been cut and collected it can be made into various extension types such as sewn onto a weft, clip on wefts, pre-bonded tips, made into wigs or left in bulk form (also known as no ends). Our hair is virgin hair.
2. What type of hair do you sell?
The Lifestyle Hair Co sells Virgin Brazilian Hair. Brazilian hair is the most popular hair type on the market and is extremely versatile. The hair comes in all different styles such in straight, wavy, very curly/spiral curls. Real human Brazilian hair is medium to thick density. Great for any hair texture.
3. How much hair will i need for a sew in?
You will typically need atleast 3 bundles for a sew in. This amount may vary based on desired style, length and volume. *Remember the longer the bundle the shorter the weft. All bundles weigh about 3.5 oz or 95-100 grams.
4. When will i receive my order?
There is a 48 hr processing time after placing your order. After this processing time your order will be shipped within 3-5 business days. Orders do not ship on weekends or holidays. You will receive your tracking number once your order has shipped.
5, What is your refund policy?
EVERYTHING IS “FINAL SALE.” WE DO NOT OFFER REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES.
5. How do I care for the hair?
- Brush before bed and before washing to ensure there are no natural occurring tangles caused by wind or friction
- Do not brush wet hair as that is when hair follicles are at their most vulnerable.
- Use an Organic and sulfate free shampoo. Sulfate strips hair of natural oils, as there is no direct supply of nutrients from your scalp into the extension strands, its vital that you use a no sulfate shampoo to avoid drying the hair out.
- To avoid damaging the hair extensions, the cuticles and your scalp, only wash with warm water.
- Wash the hair gently in a downward motion with your palms, do not scrub or bunch the hair together as this will cause open cuticles to rub against each other causing friction.
- Rinse between each wash, and wash only 1-2 times.
- Whilst wet, add 2-3 drops of natural oil such as Almond or Coconut by gently applying it evenly over the hair, these oils will penetrate the cuticles and add moisture to hair extensions.
- Natural oils do the work of most conditioners without the added chemicals and silicones, natural is always best.
- Finally, lower the shower head and rinse your hair (not scalp) with cold water, this is known as an Arctic Rinse it will close the cuticles to lock the moisture and nutrients from the oil in, leaving you with nutrient rich hair extensions.
- Let your hair air-dry at home, take 2-3 hours to wash and naturally dry your hair - Do not use heat as this will swell and dry your strands.
- Apply a small amount of Argan, Almond or Coconut oil 2-3 times a week or when required. Argan oil is a great finishing oil for styling and frizz, however its a dry oil and does not moisturise the hair as well as Almond or Coconut.
- For long lasting hair extensions, moisturise your hair as you do your skin, it makes perfect sense.
6. Can Your Hair Be Bleached & Dyed?
Yes, our hair can be bleached and later dyed as well. We recommend deep conditioning the hair in silicone mix after bleaching and dyeing to keep the hair luxurious and beautiful.
7. How do I take care of my curly hair?
We recommend that you use a mix of conditioner and water in a spray bottle and wet the hair with it. You should then brush the hair thoroughly & style as desired.